Queenstown is a rapidly growing place… and off the backs of the soaring population comes the likes of professional businesses like your own. If you’ve never done a brand audit for your organization, now is the time to do it.
Your brand is more than just a logo. It’s how you look, what you say, and what you stand for. Brands change over time, and as a company you want to ensure that your brand stays relevant and competitive to match the economic and social demands of the marketplace.
A brand audit can be used to gain a fundamental understanding of the current influencer and relevancy of your brand. Is your brand in sync with your current company goals and culture? Is it competitive? Or is it outdated?
Here are a few things to consider when evaluating your brand:
• Positioning, brand values and personality
• Your unique selling promise (what makes you different?)
• Corporate identity: logos and other brand elements
• Online presence: website, social media, SEO, public relations
Take an honest look at how your company’s brand is positioned and how it measures up to the competition. Consider interviewing or surveying key management and staff about what they believe to be the company’s objective and mission as well as their understanding and beliefs about the brand, either real or perceived.
Before and After
In a competitive market, it may be tough to justify a rebrand for your organization because there is hyper-focus on generating a return on investment. But, as the age-old saying goes… “It takes money to make money”. Don’t be afraid to invest in yourself first!
Don’t shy away from asking tough questions surrounding your brand as it currently stands:
• How much business is lost to our competitors with a stronger brand?
• Do we turn off future prospects because of a lack of consistency between our marketing efforts?
• Are there trends that effect our brand?
The importance of delivering a ‘feel good’ experience cannot be overestimated. Done right, your brand can be your organization’s biggest differentiator and its secret weapon. All other things being equal among competitors, the stronger brand will always win.
Some ways to take your brand to the next level
• Refresh your logo, print and promotional materials
• Update website functionality and responsiveness
• Start generating a social media presence or refresh efforts
• Review current Google AdWords, SSL certificates and SEO practices
• Update photo assets or create a new promo film
Do I need to hire a company to rebrand?
When it’s time for the next stage of growth and development, it is best to hire a firm that specializes in brand strategy. Just like any professional service, the quality and experience of the team matters. At Whitelaw, we will unearth the special truths of your brand and help you realize your vision. With the support of our expertise you can move forward with confidence knowing that you are well positioned for growth and leadership in the marketplace.